Device name conflict to send clock to them

Hello everyone,

I don’t know if anyone has already encountered this problem, I’ve searched for it and apparently there is no post. The issue, as you can see in the images I share, is that I have an original OP-1 and an OP-1 field. When I try to send clock to each of the two and I try to click ok to send clock to both devices, it allows the first one that I connect, the second one is directly blocked and does not allow me to select it to send clock to it. Does anyone know how to change the device name to avoid this conflict.

Thanks in advance.
Alex

IMG_0109

Hey Alex – Interesting! Yeah I can see how that could cause a conflict… the midi ports are stored / assigned by name so that they can be recalled later. I will poke around and see if something else can be done. I would think that the OS would automatically give them a unique name (e.g OP-1 2) to prevent this kind of thing from happening.

I’m curious – does this happen in other apps as well?
Ben

Hello,
First of all, thank you very much for responding. It is a curious case because in the case of the Mac, working with Logic PRO, it does make a distinction between OP-1 - 1 and OP-1 - 2 as you can see in the image I attached.

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-06 a las 22.55.38

I will make a second post because your forum policies do not allow sending two photos in the same post.
But in the case of the iPad, both in the Pattherning 2 application and the newly installed anymoog z application, it does not distinguish between the devices. So, I no longer know if it is a problem with the iPad, with each OP-1 separately and therefore I would have to review this Teenage Engineering or with the apps.

IMG_0112

Maybe someone who owns both the OP-1 Original and the OP-1 Field and works with iPads has already come across this and can shed light on this matter.