Patterning 2 file management

There are a few things I don’t understand about patterning 2 filing system.

Where can I find the drum kit files and other file data on my iPad?
I want to manage them like all my other apps, patterning folders should show up in my iPad folder.

How can I choose the sample rate and bit depth when I want to import and export audio files and drum kits to and from patterning 2?
I mainly use 96khz 32 bit samples nowadays.

There is a ‘add drum kit’ button in the drum kit window, how do I remove drum kit from this field and what is it’s use in the first place.

I find the filing system confusing so hope you can help

Many thanks

Hey Daner,
Thanks – All the drum kits and songs are stored in a database rather than as individual files. You can export songs and drum kits as .onps and .onpd files if you want to move between machines.

Yea, there’s not a way to remove drum kits right now from a song – something I’ve just needed to find an appropriate space for in the UI.

There’s not a way to change the sample rate or bit depth, it converts them in the app to 32-bit for processing. I haven’t tested 92kHz sample rate, though.

Thanks for your reply. So the drum kit library files are not actually on the iPad, they stay on the cloud?

I would like to ask for option to see what sample rate and bit depth the files are please.

If I imported a 96khz file would it be down sampled? And also when exported out of patterning 2 would the 96khz file be downsampled to I assume 44khz?

Many thanks

would be great to have the ability to import 96khz 32 bit files and recording out plus export files at 96khz 32 bit.

Would be nice if you can reply :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the feature suggestions.

The files stay on the iPad, but they aren’t accessible outside the app sandbox.